Signing Line Information
To join the signing line at this event, you must purchase a copy of the author’s latest book from Parnassus Books.
Books can be purchased online at parnassusbooks.net, on-site at the event, or prior to the event at Parnassus Books.
If you previously purchased a copy of the author’s current book from Parnassus, you must show your receipt or other documentation from Parnassus Books to join the signing line.
Salon Patrons Receive a 10% discount on the book
- Buy online at parnassusbooks.net - use code SALON10 online for a 10% discount on the book
- Buy at Parnassus Books in Green Hills - Get directions
- Books will also be on sale at the event
Parking & Directions
- Nashville Public Library, 615 Church Street, Nashville
- From I-40, exit at Church St. and drive towards downtown. The Main Library is located on Church Street, between 6th and 7th Avenues in downtown Nashville.
About My Name is Lucy Barton
Lucy Barton is recovering slowly from what should have been a simple operation. Her mother, to whom she hasn’t spoken for many years, comes to see her. Gentle gossip about people from Lucy’s childhood in Amgash, Illinois, seems to reconnect them, but just below the surface lie the tension and longing that have informed every aspect of Lucy’s life: her escape from her troubled family, her desire to become a writer, her marriage, her love for her two daughters. Knitting this powerful narrative together is the brilliant storytelling voice of Lucy herself: keenly observant, deeply human, and truly unforgettable.
About Elizabeth Strout
Elizabeth Strout is the author of the New York Times bestseller Olive Kitteridge, for which she was awarded the Pulitzer Prize, the national bestseller Abide with Me, and Amy and Isabelle, winner of the Los Angeles Times Art Seidenbaum Award and the Chicago Tribune Heartland Prize. She has also been a finalist for the PEN/Faulkner Award and the Orange Prize in London. She lives in Maine and New York City.