Lightning 100 and Team Green Adventures are proud to sponsor the Nashville Earth Day Festival, a citywide celebration!
Nashville’s Earth Day Festival is a free, family friendly event with
live entertainment through out the day celebrated each year in April.
Nashville’s Earth Day Festival features
exhibits and hands-on activities aimed at educating Nashvillians about
protecting our environment and living green. With over a hundred
family-friendly booths, hosted by community groups, environmental
organizations and government agencies, Earth Day is a fun festival for
Stop by Lightning 100 booth to register for prizes & learn about upcoming Team Green events!
When Saturday, April 22nd from 11am to 6pm
Where Centennial Park
Cost FREE and open to the public
Difficulty This is a beginner-friendly social celebration!
Registration Deadline: No registration required.
Group Size Limit: no limit
Parking: Parking is available in the park, and surround roads. Consider a greener form of transportation by taking advantage of MTA bus routes or the FREE on-site Bike Valet with Walk/Bike Nashville. There is a Nashville B-cycle Station at Centennial Park at the Western corner of Parthenon Field.
Children Policy This event is family-friendly
Dog Policy Friendly dogs on leashes are welcome
Weather Policy: This is a rain or shine event
Cancellation Policy: not applicable
Mayor Barry’s Citywide Spring Clean – April 22, 2017 will be Nashville’s Citywide Spring Clean event and we need YOUR help to spruce up Nashville! Learn more and organize a clean-up in your neighborhood.
Earth Day Stage Schedule – Live music Line-up
Green Market – Buy locally grown produce and locally made products in the Green Market.
Beer Garden – Enjoy some locally brewed beer in the Beer Garden located near the Stage.
Recycling & Disposal Drop-off Opportunities –
This year at the Nashville Earth Day Festival, you will be able to
recycle and/or property dispose of some of your household goods.
- Usable Clothing, Shoes and Books – Bring usable clothing, shoes and for donation to the Goodwill Industries of Middle Tennessee exhibit.
- Unused or Expired Pharmaceuticals – Bring your unused or expired pharmaceuticals for safe and proper disposal at the Metro Nashville Police Department’s exhibit.
- Creative Supplies – visit the Reuse village and bring any creative supplies (check out a list of creative supplies) for Turnip Green Creative Reuse. They also take ink and toner cartridges and used cell phones.
Children’s Educational Activities – Many of the Earth Day exhibitors have a special educational activity for children.
GET TO EARTH DAY GREEN – You can do your part to help keep the air clean.
Free Bike Valet Parking from WalkBike Nashville
-Free bike valet parking is provided at Earth Day by Walk/Bike
Nashville. So use pedal power to come over and have the peace of mind
that your bike will be watched over while you enjoy Earth Day to the
Take the Bus – You can get to Centennial Park on the following Metro Transit Authority bus routes:
The Nashville Earth Day Festival will need volunteers to help with
various event tasks April 22, 2017 starting 8:00 a.m. and continuing
throughout the day until 7:00 p.m. We welcome groups and individual
volunteers. The Nashville Earth Day Festival will go on RAIN or SHINE!!
What do volunteers do?
Volunteer opportunities can generally be categorized in the following
two categories and there are separate sign-up forms for each category:
- General Festival Assistance: 8AM – 7PM
- Event Setup: 8AM – 11AM (tents/tables/chairs/stage/etc.)
- Exhibitors: 8AM – 11AM (Check-in/Unloading/Setup)
- Information/T-Shirt Sales: 10AM – 7PM
- Green Room/Stage: 1PM – 6PM
- Event Take Down/Clean–Up: 5PM – 7 PM (tents/tables/chairs/litter, etc.)
Registration not required for this free community event!