Nothing beats a scenic bicycle ride around Nashville with great company....unless the ride finishes with a deliciously juicy burger! Join us on this beginner to intermediate ride starting at the Parthenon Bcycle station. From there we will ride to Sylvain Park and head down the picturesque
McCabe Greenway! Finally we will head up Charlotte Pike for a well deserved meal
at FLIP burger boutique. After the meal, we will head back to the
Parthenon. The total trip is 7.5 miles that
is mostly made up of bike lanes and greenways!
When: Saturday, April 1st at 11am
Where: Parthenon Bcycle Station
2500 West End Ave
Nashville, TN 37203
Cost: Rent a Nashville B-cycle for only $5, or bring your own bike for FREE!
The $5 Nashville B-cycle day pass includes 24-hours of unlimited 60-minute rentals. After our 60 minute group ride, check your bike into a B-station, then check it back out and keep on riding, if you want! Your pass is good at any Nashville B-station throughout the day. Be sure to check in your bike at a B-station every 60 minutes, to avoid the $1.50 overage fee charged for each additional 30 minutes without checking in. Remember, Nashville B-cycle is a "Bike Share" program.
Trip Leader: Zach Gilliam & Lee Fowler
Difficulty: Participants should have prior bike riding experience. This is a great ride for all experience levels!
Registration Deadline: Please register for this event by Thursday, March 30th at 3pm. Nashville B-cycle rental payment will be made at the B-station kiosk upon arrival.
Group Size Limit: This event is limited to 12 participants and 2 trip leaders.
Parking: Parking is available at the Parthenon
Children Policy: This is a family-friendly event for riders ages 10 and older on their own bike, with parental participation. Parents are welcome to bring bikes with child carriers or tag-along bike attachments. B-cycle renters must be 5'0" to 6'5" to operate the bike. An adult over the age of 18 is fully responsible for any bikes rented to particpiants under the age of 18 who fit these height requirements. It is TN State Law that minors under the age of 16 wear a helmet.
Dog Policy: Dogs are not permitted at this event
Weather Policy: This is a shine or drizzle event. This event will be cancelled with heavy rain prior to or during the event. Your trip leader will contact all RSVP'd participants with a weather update the day of the event.
Cancellation Policy: If you reserved a B-cycle slot, but can no longer attend, please email TeamGreen@Lightning100.com to make your rental available to another participant.
ABOUT THE BIKE RIDE
Meet up at the Parthenon Bcycle-station prior to 11am (station in located in front of the Parthenon). We'll start with a quick overview on how to use the Nashville B-cycle payment kiosk, then discuss the route, go over cycling safety tips, group ride etiquette, and get ready to ride!
Ride Distance: 7.5 miles total
Estimated Ride Time: 45 minutes each way.
We will ride at an easy 6-8 mph pace. The ride will take approximately 45-60 minutes to complete. All participants are encouraged to wear a bike helmet.
Tips about the ride:
- Participants who RSVP for a B-cycle will have first dibs on B-cycle bikes at the station. Though walk-ins are welcome to participate in this event, all RSVPs will receive bikes before walk-ins.
- If you check out your B-cycle before the Safety Discussion, be sure to "check in" your bike, then check it back out (for free) to restart your 60 minute clock!
- Helmets are strongly encouraged. A helmet cannot be provided for you. Participants over the age of 16 without a helmet will be asked to sign a helmet waiver.
- TN State Law requires that all riders under the age of 16 wear a helmet.
- We will be using hand and verbal signals during the ride to communicate with other cyclists, pedestrians and vehicles that we share the road with. Pass along the hand and verbal signals to other riders in our group by repeating the signal.
- Ride as far to the Right as possible, except when passing debri or other users. Always pass on the Left.
- Ride no more then two side-by-side when the path is clear, and ride single file to allow vehicles to pass (not applicable in Bike Lanes).
ABOUT NASHVILLE B-CYCLE
Launched in December 2012, Nashville B-cycle is a fee-based bike-SHARE initiative, operated by the Nashville Downtown Partnership, a nonprofit management organization. Nashville B-cycle annual members can log into their online account to track their mileage and calories burned, as well as the carbon offset of each trip! Using these measurements, Nashville B-cycle demonstrates the health and environmental benefits of bike-sharing in the community. With adjustable seat posts, a basket to stow belongings, automatic lights, three speeds, and covered gears to keep clothes clean, these bikes are perfect for everyone to use for a variety of commuting needs!
Nashville has 32 B-stations (and counting!). Check out the map or download the app to find stations near you!
Did you know that Team Green members get a discount on Annual B-cycle Membership?
You must register for this event in order to recieve important event updates!