What better way to start the weekend than with an awesome bike ride through the heart of Nashville followed by a good old fashioned brunch? Come join us for a Bike & Brunch at Biscuit Love in the Gulch. We will meet at the Shelby Bottoms Nature Center Bcycle Station before taking off down the greenway through downtown and back. This is an 8.4 mile round trip ride that is primarily flat with a few minor hills. Don't have a bike, no worries, take advantage of our city-wide bike share program, by renting a Nashville B-cycle!
When: Saturday, February 25th at 9am
Where: Shelby Bottoms Nature Center
1900 Davidson Street
Nashville, TN 37206
Cost: Rent a Nashville B-cycle for only $5, or bring your own bike for FREE!
The $5 Nashville B-cycle day pass includes 24-hours of unlimited 60-minute rentals. After our 60 minute group ride, check your bike into a B-station, then check it back out and keep on riding, if you want! Your pass is good at any Nashville B-station throughout the day. Be sure to check in your bike at a B-station every 60 minutes, to avoid the $1.50 overage fee charged for each additional 30 minutes without checking in. Remember, Nashville B-cycle is a "Bike Share" program.
Trip Leader: Zach Gilliam
Difficulty: Participants should have prior bike riding experience. This is a great ride for all experience levels!
Registration Deadline: Please register for this event by Thursday, February 23rd at 3pm. Nashville B-cycle rental payment will be made at the B-station kiosk upon arrival.
Group Size Limit: There are a maximum of 15 B-cycles available to rent at this location. Group limit is 15.
Parking: Parking is available at the Shelby Bottoms Nature Center
Children Policy: This is a family-friendly event for riders ages 10 and older on their own bike, with parental participation. Parents are welcome to bring bikes with child carriers or tag-along bike attachments. B-cycle renters must be 5'0" to 6'5" to operate the bike. An adult over the age of 18 is fully responsible for any bikes rented to particpiants under the age of 18 who fit these height requirements. It is TN State Law that minors under the age of 16 wear a helmet.
Dog Policy: Dogs are not permitted at this event
Weather Policy: This is a shine or drizzle event. This event will be cancelled with heavy rain prior to or during the event. Your trip leader will contact all RSVP'd participants with a weather update the day of the event.
Cancellation Policy: If you reserved a B-cycle slot, but can no longer attend, please email TeamGreen@Lightning100.com to make your rental available to another participant.
ABOUT THE BIKE RIDE
Meet up at the Shelby Bottoms Nature Center Bcycle-station prior to 9am. We'll start with a quick overview on how to use the Nashville B-cycle payment kiosk, then discuss the route, go over cycling safety tips, group ride etiquette, and get ready to ride!
Ride Distance: 4.2 miles each way
Estimated Ride Time: 30 minutes each way.
We will ride at an easy 6-8 mph pace. The ride will take approximately 45-60 minutes to complete. All participants are encouraged to wear a bike helmet.
Tips about the ride:
- Participants who RSVP for a B-cycle will have first dibs on B-cycle bikes at the station. Though walk-ins are welcome to participate in this event, all RSVPs will receive bikes before walk-ins.
- If you check out your B-cycle before the Safety Discussion, be sure to "check in" your bike, then check it back out (for free) to restart your 60 minute clock!
- Helmets are strongly encouraged. A helmet cannot be provided for you. Participants over the age of 16 without a helmet will be asked to sign a helmet waiver.
- TN State Law requires that all riders under the age of 16 wear a helmet.
- We will be using hand and verbal signals during the ride to communicate with other cyclists, pedestrians and vehicles that we share the road with. Pass along the hand and verbal signals to other riders in our group by repeating the signal.
- Ride as far to the Right as possible, except when passing debri or other users. Always pass on the Left.
- Ride no more then two side-by-side when the path is clear, and ride single file to allow vehicles to pass (not applicable in Bike Lanes).
ABOUT NASHVILLE B-CYCLE
Launched in December 2012, Nashville B-cycle is a fee-based bike-SHARE initiative, operated by the Nashville Downtown Partnership, a nonprofit management organization. Nashville B-cycle annual members can log into their online account to track their mileage and calories burned, as well as the carbon offset of each trip! Using these measurements, Nashville B-cycle demonstrates the health and environmental benefits of bike-sharing in the community. With adjustable seat posts, a basket to stow belongings, automatic lights, three speeds, and covered gears to keep clothes clean, these bikes are perfect for everyone to use for a variety of commuting needs!
Nashville has 32 B-stations (and counting!). Check out the map or download the app to find stations near you!
Did you know that Team Green members get a discount on Annual B-cycle Membership?
Please register to rent a Nashville B-cycle or bring your own bike for this event.