Hand On Nashville's Home Energy Savings (HES) Program engages volunteers in improving the energy efficiency, comfort, and safety of Council District 17, North and East Nashville homes owned and occupied by very-low-income homeowners. Team Green Adventures and Hands On Nashville will be volunteering in one such home to make simple Home Energy Savings changes around the house. Learn energy savings tips for your own home while simultaneously helping to reduce home costs for someone in need. This is one of many volunteer opportunities available through Hand On Nashville's Home Energy Savings (HES) Program.
When: Saturday, July 13th from 9am-12noon
Where: Nashville, TN
Exact meeting location provided in confirmation email
Cost: FREE event. Registration required.
Trip Leader: Joseph Broome
Group Size: Limited to 10 participants
Registration Deadline: Online registration closes on Thursday, July 11th at 3pm, or when all spots have filled up
Difficulty: This is a beginner friendly event. No experience necessary. Equipment and gear will be provided
Children Policy: This is a 16 and up event with parental/guardian supervision
Dog Policy: Dogs are not permitted at this event
ABOUT HOME ENERGY SAVINGS PROJECT
While helping to reduce home costs for very-low-income homeowners, the HES Program also works in hundreds of homes owned and occupied by flood survivors, helping them regain financial stability by reducing energy usage and expense through the support of The River Fund of The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee and others. HES projects are available weekly, and are perfect for individuals or groups of 8 to 10. No experience is necessary! The Hands On Nashville staff will provide guidance, materials, and safety equipment.
WHAT TO EXPECTThe HES Program Manager will provide guidance, materials, and safety equipment on site.
- Repairs may include installing insulation, weather stripping, low-flow shower heads, CFL bulbs, and other upgrades to make homes more efficient.
- Expect to get dirty. Please wear comfortable work clothes that can get dirty and closed toe shoes.
- Lunch, water, and snacks are provided.
- At the beginning of each project, an orientation will offer information about energy conservation, the program's benefits, and the day's work.
- You may even learn a thing or two about making your own home more energy efficient!
This event is limited to 2 reservations per person, due to the small group capacity. Registration is required.