What better way to beat the heat than a gorgeous float down the Harpeth River! We'll enjoy a 9 mile float down the Gosset Tract trail! Bring a cooler with food and beverages, your bathing suit, sun block, and a sense of adventure. This is a rain or shine event. This event is cancelled with threat of thunderstorms.
When: Saturday, August 13th at 10am
9:30am for self shuttles (bring-you-own-boaters)
Where: Foggy Bottom Canoe
Kingston Springs, TN
Cost: Members & Non-Members
Full Canoe (2-3 persons) $38
Bring own boat (Self Shuttle) $FREE
Registration Deadline: August 12th at 12noon
Difficulty: This is a beginner friendly event with slow currents and multiple swimming areas. Paddling experience recommended but not required.
Children Policy: This is a family friendly event. Life vests available for ages 4 and over. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied in the boat by an adult. Parents must provide their own life vests for children under the age of 4.
Dog Policy: Dogs welcome!
ABOUT THE EVENT
We'll float down the "Gosset Tract" route on the Harpeth River for approximately 9-11 miles of beginner friendly floating, swimming, and fishing! The average paddle time is around 3 1/2 hours, depending on how fast you paddle and water levels on the day of your trip. This trip starts down river from Foggy Bottom Canoe at the Gossettt Tract State Park near Mound Bottom and continues around the The Narrows of the Harpeth State Park area and ends at the Harris Street Bridge take out point.
Be sure to bring:
- Your fishing lisence and gear if you plan to fish
- A cooler with snacks and refreshments. Please put a bungie cord around your cooler to prevent littering in case of a spill
- Trash bags and gloves if you're interested in cleaning up along the river
- Your Team Green Shirt if you have one (that will make it easier to spot others in our group along the river if it's a busy day!)
There are two pricing levels available. Below is a description of each:
- Full Canoe: Each canoe rental is $34 plus tax (so $38). Canoes can hold up to 700lbs total, so it can fit a small family. We recommend 2-3 people per canoe but 4 can probably fit comfortably (if you do not plan to collect trash).
- Bring own boat (Self Shuttle): If you simply need to save some dough and already have all your own boat, we'll be setting up a self shuttle at Grossett State Park. Meet at Foggy Bottom Canoe at 9:30am and the shelf shuttle group will set up the shuttle before the rest of the group shows up. You must still register for this option (even though it's free), so that we know how many people to expect and can send you all event updates in case of any last minute changes (like bad weather, etc).
Camping is available at Foggy Bottom Canoe for anyone interested in making a weekend out of it. Camping has a small fee of around $5 or $10 that can be paid directly to the outfitter upon arrival.
This event is open to Team Green Members and Non-Members. Please select the price options that work best for you. Additional information will be received upon registration.